Skip to main content

Graphics for my number one client, my wife

Besides my day job, my paintings, my aspirations for illustrations, I have been working for my wife, Emily, for a few years now.  She is a teacher and blogger and a TPTer.  For those that don't know, TPT, or Teachers Pay Teachers, is a site dedicated to teachers looking for resources they can use in their classrooms.  For the past year and a half, she has worked hard to produce and sell educational products for first grade teachers and she's been really successful! For my part, I've tried to help by creating art for her products.  I've done everything from
inked drawings

to banners
 

to logos




to digital illustrations



to painted illustrations.




It is fun and rewarding to be able to help her. I don't mention this work much but I think its worth sharing. 

Ben

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Show at Red Tree Gallery

A few weeks ago I got an email from Red Tree Gallery asking me to submit some of my work for their illustration show.  I think that they probably got my name off the Cincy Illustrators Blog and I was thrilled to be asked.  I haven't had anyone ask me to show anything before!  But that meant I needed to get things prepared.  Most of my paintings have the original used frames with them but some of them didn't come with frames at all. Luckily, I was able to find some great gems at the local salvation army.  In a past life, I used to be a picture framer.  It was one of my favorite jobs.  So I was able to use my framing skills to get all the paintings mounted and wired and ready to show publicly and not just in my basement. My next conundrum was price.  I have no idea how to price my work.  My instinct is to price low and I think that is only because it is hard for me to ask someone to buy something that I might not be able to afford.  ...

Mt. Bodacious is coming