Skip to main content

Illustration Friday: Hidden

mountaincat2

AKA Garden of the Gods and Cats.

I've been working on this on an off for a few weeks but decided to submit it to illustration friday.  This week's word is hidden so I thought this was appropriate.  One of the things I really like to do is go garage sale-ing for cheap prints that people don't want anymore (for instance, this colored picture of Garden of the Gods cost me $1 with a wonderful gold frame) and then paint something into them.  After I made a few of these, I learned that some artists call this detournement.  I just like making them.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Show at Red Tree Gallery

A few weeks ago I got an email from Red Tree Gallery asking me to submit some of my work for their illustration show.  I think that they probably got my name off the Cincy Illustrators Blog and I was thrilled to be asked.  I haven't had anyone ask me to show anything before!  But that meant I needed to get things prepared.  Most of my paintings have the original used frames with them but some of them didn't come with frames at all. Luckily, I was able to find some great gems at the local salvation army.  In a past life, I used to be a picture framer.  It was one of my favorite jobs.  So I was able to use my framing skills to get all the paintings mounted and wired and ready to show publicly and not just in my basement. My next conundrum was price.  I have no idea how to price my work.  My instinct is to price low and I think that is only because it is hard for me to ask someone to buy something that I might not be able to afford.  ...

Mt. Bodacious is coming