Skip to main content

Lush-stache Bill

billmustacheHere is my entry for this weeks Illustration Friday.  The word this week was lush, and the first thing I thought of was a mustache and I went with it.  And for further inspiration, I chose to put it on my loose interpretation of Bill Murray.  I hope you enjoy.

Comments

  1. Nope--I definitely like the pencil drawing better. It's WAY more interesting. Do you want to know why? In the pencil drawing, the guy's eyes were assymmetrical in a very interesting way. These ones are nearly symmetrical. The other guy has a big droopy old-person ear. This one has gotten all small and "nice". It's not the cartooning I have a problem with, but the loss of the details that make him unique. This could be anyone (with a mustache like that), but the other one was a very particular person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Show at Red Tree Gallery

A few weeks ago I got an email from Red Tree Gallery asking me to submit some of my work for their illustration show.  I think that they probably got my name off the Cincy Illustrators Blog and I was thrilled to be asked.  I haven't had anyone ask me to show anything before!  But that meant I needed to get things prepared.  Most of my paintings have the original used frames with them but some of them didn't come with frames at all. Luckily, I was able to find some great gems at the local salvation army.  In a past life, I used to be a picture framer.  It was one of my favorite jobs.  So I was able to use my framing skills to get all the paintings mounted and wired and ready to show publicly and not just in my basement. My next conundrum was price.  I have no idea how to price my work.  My instinct is to price low and I think that is only because it is hard for me to ask someone to buy something that I might not be able to afford.  ...

Mt. Bodacious is coming