Skip to main content

The blur that was January

This past month has seemed like a blur.  It was just after Christmas that I decided to set up my webpage and give my blog some new life.  I convinced Em that I should also get a Wacom Cintiq monitor, but immediately after pulling the trigger we had severe buyers remorse.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Cintiq, but at the cost of 2000, it made us feel like running for the hills and trying to get second jobs to cover expenses.  So instead I got a Wacom Intuos, which felt surprisingly easier to use than other, cheaper tablets I had tried.  I finally got my feet wet digital painting and it has been so exciting to try out and work through images in ways I hadn't been able to before.  I felt that I was able to marry my technological design expertise with my creativity as an artist.  Although I have a new love for digital painting I don't plan on giving up using inks and brushes anytime soon.  I'm just so thrilled to be able to work on these projects and share my work.  If you are reading this, thank you for your time.  I hope to continue sharing my journey as an artist with you.  I will do my best to make that time worthwile.

Ben


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Show at Red Tree Gallery

A few weeks ago I got an email from Red Tree Gallery asking me to submit some of my work for their illustration show.  I think that they probably got my name off the Cincy Illustrators Blog and I was thrilled to be asked.  I haven't had anyone ask me to show anything before!  But that meant I needed to get things prepared.  Most of my paintings have the original used frames with them but some of them didn't come with frames at all. Luckily, I was able to find some great gems at the local salvation army.  In a past life, I used to be a picture framer.  It was one of my favorite jobs.  So I was able to use my framing skills to get all the paintings mounted and wired and ready to show publicly and not just in my basement. My next conundrum was price.  I have no idea how to price my work.  My instinct is to price low and I think that is only because it is hard for me to ask someone to buy something that I might not be able to afford.  ...