So the piece titled Ghost Walkin' has been sitting around my house for a long time. I always knew I wanted to add ghosts to it but the originals looked more like the ghosts in Spirited Away than the sheet ghosts I eventually went with. My first stab at the project was a failure. I almost always forget my process and jump into a painting head first then end up messing it up. So I went straight for acrylics and hated the results. After expressing my failure to my wife, she suggested that I just start over. Which I did.
I usually do an underpainting in burnt sienna. Next, I tried to establish the color of the ghosts before I blended it in with the background.
As you can see I went with a bluish grey tone. Stark white would have looked too bright as this piece not only had a more subtle palate but it also had some sun damage. Once I got a handle on the color of the ghosts, now it was time to blend them into the painting. This is a two step process. First I added some washes…
Last week I was asked to help design a t-shirt logo for a baby named Ben who has been having some heart problems since he was born. After a few design ideas, everyone agreed on this.
Now there is a website where you can buy one of these shirts linked here. They've way surpassed their original goal, but every little bit helps pay for this little guys extensive medical bills. I'm proud to have been able to work on this project. Also, it was pretty cool to see one of my designs on a cookie.