Skip to main content

Illustration Friday: Hidden

mountaincat2

AKA Garden of the Gods and Cats.

I've been working on this on an off for a few weeks but decided to submit it to illustration friday.  This week's word is hidden so I thought this was appropriate.  One of the things I really like to do is go garage sale-ing for cheap prints that people don't want anymore (for instance, this colored picture of Garden of the Gods cost me $1 with a wonderful gold frame) and then paint something into them.  After I made a few of these, I learned that some artists call this detournement.  I just like making them.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fugazi Poster

This mornings music mix consisted of Radiohead, Daft Punk, OFF!, The Hives, Jay-Z, and Fugazi.  It got my brain percolating.  I wanted to make a poster. First I found some images, drew them up in ink. I threw them into photoshop, and with a little Wacom magic, whala!  It's fun making posters for bands who don't need them.