Skip to main content

Illustration Friday : ONOMATOPOEIA

postitbatmanSo this is my quick and dirty illustration for illustration Friday this week.  Onomatopoeia immediately makes me think of Batman.  I drew this out on a post it and decided to finish it off there.  I like the quick and dirty aspect of working with materials that aren't meant to work together like water based paints and office reminders.  I have to give a shout out to Marc Johns since he is the king of post it note art.  If you've never seen his stuff check it out.  It's funny and cerebral.  He also inspired me to ditch the nice leather bound sketch books for the homeade, back pocket, who cares variety.  Thanks Marc!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fugazi Poster

This mornings music mix consisted of Radiohead, Daft Punk, OFF!, The Hives, Jay-Z, and Fugazi.  It got my brain percolating.  I wanted to make a poster. First I found some images, drew them up in ink. I threw them into photoshop, and with a little Wacom magic, whala!  It's fun making posters for bands who don't need them.