Skip to main content

The blur that was January

This past month has seemed like a blur.  It was just after Christmas that I decided to set up my webpage and give my blog some new life.  I convinced Em that I should also get a Wacom Cintiq monitor, but immediately after pulling the trigger we had severe buyers remorse.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Cintiq, but at the cost of 2000, it made us feel like running for the hills and trying to get second jobs to cover expenses.  So instead I got a Wacom Intuos, which felt surprisingly easier to use than other, cheaper tablets I had tried.  I finally got my feet wet digital painting and it has been so exciting to try out and work through images in ways I hadn't been able to before.  I felt that I was able to marry my technological design expertise with my creativity as an artist.  Although I have a new love for digital painting I don't plan on giving up using inks and brushes anytime soon.  I'm just so thrilled to be able to work on these projects and share my work.  If you are reading this, thank you for your time.  I hope to continue sharing my journey as an artist with you.  I will do my best to make that time worthwile.

Ben


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fugazi Poster

This mornings music mix consisted of Radiohead, Daft Punk, OFF!, The Hives, Jay-Z, and Fugazi.  It got my brain percolating.  I wanted to make a poster. First I found some images, drew them up in ink. I threw them into photoshop, and with a little Wacom magic, whala!  It's fun making posters for bands who don't need them.