Skip to main content

How I emerged from December

Whew.  December man.  Jam packed with highs, lows, drama, sales, purchases, presents, and most definitely changes.

As with most holiday seasons, December should include Thanksgiving since it gets automatically sucked into everything that ends by New Years Eve.  Our November ended with the sad Passing of Nana.  Though she wasn't my own grandma, I had spent more time with Nana than any other grandparental figure in my life.  I knew her for 18 years and I lived next door to her for 8.  We were lucky to spend time with her before her sudden passing.  I know I'll miss her this spring as I work out in my backyard and she won't be there watching me from her room in her pepto bismol pink robe.  We miss you Nana!


Since everyone was in town for the funeral, the aunts and cousins and everyone got to come visit me at the Art Walk at Essex Studios!  The support was great and the show was so fun to be at.  I had space on a wall for my work and a bench behind me that I could sit and watch passers by like a fly on a wall.  When people got it, they usually laughed. I will try and come back in the spring.


Next on the list, big purchases.  I got a Wacom Cintiq.  If you don't know what that is, its a giant drawing monitor.  A little bit of history.  I bought myself a Cintiq last Christmas but the huge price tag made Em a little paniced so I returned it and got a Intuos tablet.  It was pretty sweet, took a little time to get the hand eye coordination down, but I made a few things on it and was happy to have the tool at the ready. Fast forward to fall 2014.  My boss at UC goes to a convention and sees someone working on a Cintiq and thinks that I should have one.  I proceed not to fight him and recieve said Cintiq a few weeks later.  Once I got my hands on it I was hooked.  Fork in the road made.  I had read for years that once you go Cintiq, you don't go back.  And its true.  I put the wheels in motion to purchase my own for home to commit world domination or create some bitchin' work on the side.
New Work Station for Domination

Speaking of work, Christmas Beers!  Once again I worked with my buddy Ryan to make a few home brews for my bros (and these are real bro's not bro bros).  This year we made two different kinds and I was able to come up with the design for the labels (which is my favorite part).  And yes, that is a Slayer font.




Get ready, 2015, I've got some killer work to get done!  And you, reader, come along with me.  It makes the journey easier with companions at your side.

Ben

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fugazi Poster

This mornings music mix consisted of Radiohead, Daft Punk, OFF!, The Hives, Jay-Z, and Fugazi.  It got my brain percolating.  I wanted to make a poster. First I found some images, drew them up in ink. I threw them into photoshop, and with a little Wacom magic, whala!  It's fun making posters for bands who don't need them.