Skip to main content

Underwater review


Just so everyone knows, I didn't win the contest.  I never intended to. My point was to show up.  Work on something and show what I did.  I haven't been painting or digitally painting for long so I am happy with the critique.  To be honest, I wanted to work the painting a lot more and I'm still in the early stage of my process as an artist in this medium.  But if you want to see what others submitted check out the video below.  My review is right at the 20 minute mark.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Show at Red Tree Gallery

A few weeks ago I got an email from Red Tree Gallery asking me to submit some of my work for their illustration show.  I think that they probably got my name off the Cincy Illustrators Blog and I was thrilled to be asked.  I haven't had anyone ask me to show anything before!  But that meant I needed to get things prepared.  Most of my paintings have the original used frames with them but some of them didn't come with frames at all. Luckily, I was able to find some great gems at the local salvation army.  In a past life, I used to be a picture framer.  It was one of my favorite jobs.  So I was able to use my framing skills to get all the paintings mounted and wired and ready to show publicly and not just in my basement. My next conundrum was price.  I have no idea how to price my work.  My instinct is to price low and I think that is only because it is hard for me to ask someone to buy something that I might not be able to afford.  ...

Mt. Bodacious is coming