Skip to main content

Flashback Friday - Maroons Comics

2008-02-12first
I've seen other people do this Flashback Friday bit, so I thought I'd do one of my own.  Years ago, I wrote and drew a comic strip called Maroons.  It followed the lives of Porkpie, Quackmeyer, and Mooseport as they tried their best to live together as roomates.  I only submitted the strip to one publisher and got a response back to try it as a web comic.  I also got the sense from the publisher that the industry was dying and it wasn't a viable career anymore.  Though my childhood dream of becoming Jim Davis didn't come true, I did take a crack at it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fugazi Poster

This mornings music mix consisted of Radiohead, Daft Punk, OFF!, The Hives, Jay-Z, and Fugazi.  It got my brain percolating.  I wanted to make a poster. First I found some images, drew them up in ink. I threw them into photoshop, and with a little Wacom magic, whala!  It's fun making posters for bands who don't need them.